STRENGTHENING INCLUSIVE SOCIAL PROTECTION SYSTEMS IN THE PACIFIC
About this event...
Whether participants were new to the social protection sector, or established social protection professionals, the course aimed to build confidence to support evidence-based quality social protection policy and programs in the Pacific and Timor-Leste. Drawing on global and regional evidence and best practice, and delivered by a team of experienced social protection specialists, this training provided participants:
- An in-depth understanding of social protection, and pathways for Pacific countries to develop and strengthen their national social protection systems
- A comprehensive understanding of social protection’s economic, social and political impacts, and the value of increased investment in the sector
- Global and regional evidence of the positive role social protection can play in economic recovery and growth, responding to shocks and disasters, addressing climate change impacts, and contributing to improved gender, disability and social inclusion outcomes
- Practical insights into how to deliver social protection programs in challenging environments
- Evidence from the Pacific and Timor-Leste and around the world to be able to advocate for effective and evidence-based social protection policy and practice, including approaches to financing
- An opportunity to network with other professionals in the region working on social protection.